Keep the kids active and entertained these holidays.
Date: April 4, 2017
There’s nothing quite like the joy of being a parent……until the holidays arrive and then the challenge of what do we do with the kids rears its head. Well we’ve come up with our top 5 things to do that will keep the kids active and entertained over the holidays in KZN, The Western Cape and Gauteng. Here’s hoping the holidays are a cracker for everyone.
- Take in some theatre with The Tale Of Peter Rabbit which runs from 1-13 April at the Artscape Theatre
- Get out and get Active at Acrobranch in the Constantia Nek Forest with courses designed for all ages from 3 years of age.
- Let the kids express their creativity by creating a unique, full colour piece of art at Art Jammers in Greenpoint, Milnerton, The V&A or Tygervalley.
- Head to Rush Trampoline Park for Toddler Time which gives the littlies dedicated access to the whole park
- Take a drive to Kraaifontein and let the kids spend the day at Bugz Play Park - a Park designed around the joy of play with dedicated activities and areas for building little muscles, problem solving and enticing wild imaginations.
- Story Time remains a firm favourite with the kids so why not take a drive to the gorgeous Book Boutique in Amanzimtoti for Story Time.
- The Easter Bunny visits the Botanic Gardens on the 15th/16th April and leaves a trail of clues for the kids. With activities for kids aged 1-14 its sure to be a fun filled couple of days.
- The Easter Bunny also pays a visit to Ushaka and leaves 100,000 eggs to be found in the Ushaka Mega Easter Hunt. If the suns out - make it a full day of action on the waterslides then finish off with a trip around the aquarium.
- Pack a picnic and head out to Tala Game Reserve – just 45 mins out of Durban. Gate entry entitles you to self drive around the reserve as well as access to the picnic area with swimming pool and braaing facilities.
- If Mom’s feeling brave – take a trip to the recently renovated Durban Ice Rink. It’s worth planning ahead so you can book bobby the seal or penny the penguin which are great for helping the little ones get around the rink with ease.
- Send the kids off for some STEM fun in Blairgowrie – running from 3-7 0r 10-14 April for ages 4 upwards - your child will spend the morning doing FUN experiments, hands-on ACTIVITIES and learn about INTERESTING facts!!
- Looking for some theatre fun for the little ones – look no further than The Gruffalo which is running from 11 April to 7 May at the Theatre on the Square. Also showing over the school holidays is Freckleface Strawberry - The Musical, which you can catch at the National Children’s Theatre in Parktown from 14 March to 13 April.
- For a fun family day out – head to the Big Top Arena at Carnival City where you can see the Great Moscow Circus in Action.
- Make it a family day out and visit Croc City Crocodile & Reptile Park in Fourways. With reptile interactions every half an hour and a big play area for the kids – Moms and Dads can steal some time to relax in the shaded tea garden.
- Let the kids go green this holiday at Sci-Bono Discovery Centre as they explore interesting and cool ways that will help them look after their environment. From investigating Green House gases and experimenting with renewable energy resources to building useful gadgets out of recyclable materials, this holiday it’s all about going green! Check out their full holiday program here: http://www.sci-bono.co.za/holiday-programmes.html