Gluten-free, dairy-free, no added sugar and packed with loads of protein…sound ideal? This 2-ingredient pancake takes 3 minutes to prepare and 3 minutes to cook - giving you a quick and healthy alternative to cereal for your kids!
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- 2 medium eggs
- Butter or oil, for the pan
- 1. Peel the bananas, drop into a bowl and mash into smaller chunks using a fork. Add in the two eggs and stir with the fork until you have a custard like consistency. The batter will look runny and will have a few chunks of bananas.
- 2. Heat a pan over medium heat and melt 1 teaspoon of butter (or a drop of oil) into the pan. Drop roughly 2 tablespoons of the batter into the pan. As an added extra, this would be a great opportunity to add in a few nuts, berries or even chocolate chips.
- 3. Let the batter cook until the bottoms look golden brown when you lift a corner. Gently flip the pancakes and cook them on the other side until golden brown. Once cooked, transfer the pancakes onto a plate and let it cool while you cook the remainder of the batter.
- 4. Serve the pancakes warm and fresh out of the pan, with some fresh fruits, maple syrup or honey. Enjoy!
Optional extra’s you can consider:
1/4 teaspoon baking powder (for fluffy pancakes), 1/4 teaspoon vanilla, pinch of cinnamon, 1 tablespoon cocoa powder or protein powder, 1/2 cup chopped nuts, chocolate chips or fresh berries and syrup for topping.