Rooibos Recipes for Kids: The Perfect Winter Warmer
Struggling to get your little one to eat their vegetables? Take solace in the fact that you are not alone! However, making a delicious, blended soup is a fantastic way to keep everyone happy. You will know they have had a lovely, large helping of their daily vegetable quota, and your child will enjoy the delightful, tasty flavours of this rooibos-infused butternut soup recipe for kids.
Butternut is a wonder vegetable for babies and children, providing antioxidants, vitamins A, C, E, B and iron, magnesium, potassium and zinc. These provide an improved immune function, anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal properties – all perfectly encased by nature in a sweet, nutty flavour that most children love.
Rooibos tea is known to gently and naturally aid children’s digestion, and is also full of healthy vitamins and minerals. It is also hydrating and flavourful with absolutely no side effects.
So, with all this goodness in a bowl, what are you waiting for? Let’s get cooking.
- 1 Litre water
- 3 Tea4Kidz Original Rooibos teabags
- 1 Kg of butternut (halved and seeds removed)
- 1 Sliced clove of garlic
- Olive oil
- 1 Finely sliced medium onion
- 500 ml cream
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180 ºC
- Fill a medium-sized saucepan with one litre of water. Add the Tea4Kidz Rooibos tea bags and bring to the boil. Simmer for five minutes, then remove from heat. Then, leave the Rooibos to infuse for 20 minutes. After it is finished infusing, remove the tea bags.
- While the Rooibos is infusing, place the halved butternut on a roasting pan, sprinkle with the garlic and a drizzle of olive oil, and roast until soft (around 25 – 30 minutes).
- Heat a little olive oil in a large saucepan and sauté the onion until soft and translucent. Once the onion is cooked, remove the butternut skin and add the roasted butternut flesh to the pan, and cook for approximately five minutes.
- Add the Tea4Kidz Rooibos stock to the onion and butternut and simmer for 30 minutes. Be sure to stir every now and then.
- Add the cream and simmer for 10 minutes. It’s important that you don’t allow this to boil.
- Season to taste and allow to cool before serving. Then, sit back and watch your little one enjoy!
If you feel like spoiling your child, try serving this soup with some cheesy bread. They pair perfectly. It is so delicious your whole family will love it!
Perhaps you have a fabulous soup recipe that gives your child a bowl of nourishing goodness and leaves a smile on their dial? If you do, please share it with us and all the other parents out there who want to give their child the best nourishment.
This Rooibos infused Butternut soup is your secret weapon when it comes to packing in a power punch of vitamins and nutrients that your child will love.