Tea4Kidz Infused Apple Muffins
Date: July 16, 2018
The perfect lunchbox treat!
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 4 Tea4Kidz flavoured teabags of your choice, we used Strawberry
- 1 large apple, peeled, cored and grated
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 a teaspoon of cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 1/2 a teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 a cup of vegetable oil
- 1/2 a cup of light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 a teaspoon of vanilla essence
- Preheat your oven to 180°C, grease a muffin tray and set it aside while you get started on the batter.
- In a small saucepan, add in the milk and teabags. Heat the milk over a medium to low heat until it starts to bubble around the edges, stirring occasionally to ensure that the milk does not boil. Remove the saucepan from the heat and let it cool for 15-20 minutes before removing the teabags.
- In large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients except for the sugar. Add in the grated apple and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the oil, sugar, egg and vanilla essence until smooth. Add in the teainfused milk and stir until well combined. Add in all the grated apple mix andstir until well combined.
- Fill each muffin cup up to about ⅔ full and bake for 15 - 20 minutes. Remove them from the muffin pan and place them on a cooling rack.
*How to tell if the muffins are ready? Insert a toothpick in the center of the muffin and if it comes out clean then it’s ready.