Get the kids involved with this one! Rice Krispies Treats have been a family favourite for years. They are an easy afterschool activity and make a great sweet treat for the week.
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 1 packet (250g) Marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- 1. In a large pan melt the butter on a low heat. Once melted, add the marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- 2. Add Rice Krispies Cereal. Stir until well coated.
- 3. Using a spatula to press the mixture into 13x9, 5cm deep pan coated with cooking spray. Allow the mix to cool. Cut into squares and enjoy.
- 4. TIP: dip your spatula into vegetable oil before pressing the mix – this will stop the mixture sticking to your spoon/spatula.