Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Date: February 19, 2019
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 75g Frozen mixed veg
- 50g Cheddar cheese, grated
- Cook the sweet potatoes in a microwave for 5 minutes on high, then allow to stand for 1 minute. Cook for a further 5 minutes, then allow to cool.
- Cut potatoes in half and scoop out the flesh, leaving a rim of potato around the edge, then mash the flesh together with the oil and keep the skins to one side..
- Turn on the grill and heat to medium.
- While the grill is heating, cook the frozen vegetables in boiling water for 3 - 4 minutes, then drain and mix into the mashed sweet potato.
- Fill the potato shells with veggie mash, sprinkle with cheddar cheese and place under the grill for 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and golden.
- Serve immediately.
Do you have any lunchbox recipes you’d like to share with us? Feel free to send us an inbox message on the Laager Rooibos Facebook page, with your lunchbox recipe and include a pic – you might be featured on our pages!