Tea4Kidz infused Sugar-Free Marshmallows
Date: November 7, 2017
This is one recipe you and your kids are sure to love! A great baker baker treat for school or a tasty after dinner snack. Not only are they super quick to make but they are also sugar-free! We have put our own twist to this recipe with our Strawberry Tea4Kidz.
- 2 tbsp. of granulated gelatin
- 1/2 cup of cold water
- 1.5 cup of xylitol
- 1/2 cup hot water (infused with Strawberry Tea4Kidz)
- 1 tbsp. vanilla essence
- Take a 20cm square tin and line it with baking paper and set it aside.
- Add the gelatin to the cold water and combine well. Set it aside for 5 minutes.
- Steep one Strawberry Tea4Kidz teabag in half a cup of boiling water for 3 minutes then remove the teabag from the cup.
- In a small saucepan heat the xylitol and tea infused water, stirring continuously until the xylitol has completely dissolved. Once dissolved, let it boil for 5 minutes without stirring. Remove the mix from the heat and stir in the gelatin until well combined. Add in the vanilla essence and leave the mix to cool until it reaches room temperature.
- Once cooled, using an electric mixer, beat the mix on high for 5 – 7 minutes. Turn the mixer off and test if the mix is ready. It should form stiff tips when you lift the mixer up out of the marshmallow mix.
- Gently spoon the mixture into the dish you have prepared, smoothing it out evenly. To keep your mixture from drying out, you can put a piece of baking paper on top as well.
- Allow it to set in the fridge overnight. In the morning, take it out the fridge and using a wet knife, gently cut it into squares and dust with icing sugar (optional).
- You can add in your choice of nuts or choc chips and sprinkles or switch the Tea4Kidz Strawberry for Tea4Kidz Vanilla Custard or Peach & Apricot – both will be equally as delicious!
- If you would like to make different colours, you can separate the mixture and add in a touch of food colouring to each one.
- If you have cookie cutters, you can let your kids cut the marshmallows out in different shapes.