Tea4Kidz infused fruit rolls
Homemade is always better! Free from artificial colourants and less sugar – these Tea4Kidz infused fruit rolls will be hit.
- 1 cup of boiling water
- 2 Strawberry flavoured Tea4Kidz teabags
- 1⁄4 cup of sugar
- 1 tbsp. of lemon juice
- 2 cups of strawberries
Step 1: Drop in the Strawberry flavoured Tea4Kidz teabags into a cup and pour in the boiling water. Let the teabags steep for 5 minutes before removing the teabag.
Step 2: Preheat the oven to 90 °C. In a medium sized pan, add in the cup of tea and sugar. Stir continuously over medium heat for 7 minutes. The mix should reduce by half and turn into a syrup like texture.
Step 3: Using a food processor, puree the strawberries. Add the strawberry puree and lemon juice to the tea syrup and let it simmer for 25 minutes until the mixture thickens.
Step 4: Spread the thickened strawberry mix evenly onto a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper or tin foil. Be sure to spread the mix out thinly across the baking tray. Bake in the oven over a low heat for 3 - 4 hours until the mix is no longer gooey.
Step 5: Transfer it to a cooling rack and let it cool for 20 minutes. Once cooled, peel the strawberry mix off the baking tray.
Step 6: ULay the strawberry mix down on a piece of wax paper, and gently roll it up.
- If you like you can swop the Strawberry for Peach and Apricot flavoured Tea4Kidz and the strawberries for mango.
- Once you have removed the strawberry mix from cooling, if you find it is still moist and gooey, you can place it back in the oven for 15 – 20 minutes. Be sure to place it upside down.
- Get creative and cut strips of coloured wax paper and the fruit roll into the same thickness. Roll it up and use a piece string to seal it.
- You can swop the sugar for xylitol or honey.
At More4Momz, we like to encourage quality time spent between parents and their children. For more exciting ideas and fun activities that you can do with your little ones, visit www.more4momz.com