Part of caring for your children involves keeping them happy and healthy. As parents, it is our responsibility to enforce and model healthy habits to our children from a very young age.
We have put together 5 simple ways for you to keep your children healthy and happy for many years to come:
- 1. Make sure your children get enough sleep. Getting enough sleep is very important for young children as it helps them grow, boosts their metabolism and assists with fighting possible infections they may have.
- 2. Skip the junk food aisle next time you’re in the supermarket! Turn your home into a junk free zone and stock your fridge and cupboards with healthy alternatives that your kids will still enjoy - fresh fruit and vegetables and healthy snacks like peanuts and raisins, dried fruit, and yoghurt.
- 3. Get your children involved in the kitchen. This is a great opportunity for you to educate them on the importance of eating a healthy and well-balanced meal. Help your child develop a healthy relationship with food – as a meaningful source of energy to get you through your day.
- 4. Get their little bodies moving. Create fun and exciting activities for your children to get them off the couch. Play in the garden, kick a ball, visit the park, play a game of hopscotch, or have a dance party.
- 5. Get your children into the habit of drinking enough water every day. Drinking water is a great way to keep your little one’s digestive system running smoothly and keeps them hydrated. If they don’t like water, why not give the Tea4Kidz Rooibos range a try – it’s packed with all the benefits of Rooibos and can be enjoyed hot or cold as an iced tea, with a squeeze of lemon and some fresh fruit.