One of the biggest struggles as a parent is getting your little ones to eat their greens. But it doesn’t have to be. The secret is to disguise their vegetables so your kids won’t recognise what they’re eating. Can’t think of any ways to do this? Try out this simple recipe for kids!
These chocolate zucchini muffins are the perfect snacks for kids. They‘re guaranteed to get your little ones to eat their vegetables with no fuss.
- 1 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups finely grated zucchini (slightly drained)
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Step 1: Preheat oven to 180°C
- Step 2: Be sure to spray your muffin pan well with non-stick cooking spray
- Step 3: In a large bowl, beat together the sugar, oil, eggs, and vanilla until thoroughly combined
- Step 4: Separately, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon in another bowl
- Step 5: Gradually add the dry ingredients to the sugar mixture. Then, mix until just combined
- Step 6: Fold in the zucchini until it is evenly distributed into the batter
- Step 7: Stir in semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Step 8: Distribute batter amongst the prepared muffin wells. You’ll need to use about three tablespoons per muffin well
- Step 9: Bake in preheated oven for 18-22 minutes
Serve with your little one’s favourite Tea4Kidz flavour and watch them gobble the muffins down!
What’s your secret to getting your children to eat their vegetables? Let us know in the comments section below.