We know that mornings can be chaos - wake the kids, get them dressed, pack their school lunch, let the dogs out and then you have to think about breakfast! It’s usually a mad rush, so we’ve got some on the go breakfast recipes that will hopefully make your mornings a little easier.
Smoothies are fantastic on the go meals for kids. They’re full of vitamins, quick to make and delicious! They also allow for a wide variation of fruit. Your kids need not have the same smoothie two days in a row.
Buying frozen fruit will save an enormous amount of preparation time. In the morning, grab the frozen fruit and chuck it in the blender with the other necessary ingredients. The wonderful thing about smoothies - they can be poured into a take away mug, making them the ideal on the go breakfast recipe!
Here are the recipes for two particularly enjoyable smoothies.
Mangos are rich in tartaric acid, malic acid and traces of citric acid that primarily help in maintaining the alkali reserve of the body. They are also high in vitamin C, vitamin A and 25 different kinds of carotenoids that will keep your children’s immune system healthy.
- 1 cup chopped frozen mango
- 1/2 full cream milk
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Pinch ground ginger
- 2 bananas
- 1 cup full cream milk
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup oats
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (natural)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2-3 large scoops ice (more to taste)
Choline is used to build cell membranes and has a role in producing signalling molecules in the brain. Eggs really are food for your brain!
These are a huge time saver and can be made in 15 Minutes.
Egg sandwiches are reheat able, which is just another great thing about them.
Here’s how they’re made.
- Spray your muffin pan with some non-stick cooking spray
- Throw in spinach for some extra flavour
- Crack one egg into each compartment
- Sprinkle the eggs with a little salt & pepper
- Bake in the oven at 350 for about 15 minutes
- You could cook them for a bit less if your kids like their yolk runny
- Pop them on a muffin or roll and there you have it, a quick, delicious and simple egg sandwich!
- You can then store your cooked eggs in a Tupperware container in the fridge for about a week.
Hopefully your kids will love these quick and easy breakfast recipes!