This is one recipe the kids will love to get involved in!
- 500g lamb or beef mince
- 2 handfuls of mixed herbs consisting of fresh basil, parsley and oregano, finely chopped
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic crushed
- 1 egg, whisked
- 30ml olive oil
- 2 x 410g tins Italianstyle tomatoes
- Cheese, grated
- Get the kids in the kitchen and start on the meatballs. In a large bowl combine the mince with 1 handful of the mixed herbs, onion, garlic and egg. Using their hands, have your kids roll the mix into balls about the size of a golf ball.
- Start the Fill a medium size pot to half way with water, add in a teaspoon of oil, a pinch of salt and let it boil. Once the water has come up to a boil, add the spaghetti in. Cook for 7 - 11 minutes until the pasta has softened. Remember to stir every couple of minutes to keep it from sticking to the pot.
- Heat the oil on medium-high and fry the meatballs for5 minutes until they have turned a golden brown.
- Decant the tins of Italian styled tomatoesinto the frying pan with the meat balls and let it simmer for 10 minutes or until sauce has thickened slightly and add in the remaining herbs.
- Serve the meatballs and sauce over the spaghetti with grated cheese on the top.
*Want to see if the pasta is ready? Take a piece of spaghetti and have your child throw it against the wall. If it sticks, then you know it’s ready!