Blueberry French toast For Father’s Day
Add bacon for a savoury twist on this delicious, easy dish. No frying needed making it the perfect dish for kids to whip up for a Father’s Day breakfast in bed!
- 6 slices Bread, cut into cubes
- ½ cup Blueberries, fresh or frozen
- ¼ cup Bacon, chopped
- 2 teabags Tea4Kidz Apple & Berry flavoured Rooibos
- ½ cup Milk, hot
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- Honey to serve
- Butter to spread
- Grease a 12 – 15 cm round or square baking dish. Spread the bread with butter. Arrange the bread slices and blueberries the dish. Sprinkle with the bacon.
- Put the tea bags in the hot milk and allow to steep. Remove the teabags. In a large bowl, mix the eggs, and milk/tea. Pour over the bread cubes. Cover, and refrigerate overnight. Optional
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
- Cover in foil, and bake 15 minutes. Uncover, and continue baking 5 or so minutes, until centre is firm and surface is lightly browned.
- Serve drizzled with honey (to taste)