Sticky Chicken Zig Zag Kebabs
Add bacon for a savoury twist on this delicious, easy dish. No frying needed making it the perfect dish for kids to whip up for a Father’s Day breakfast in bed!
- 4 – 6 Chicken fillets, cut into strips
- Dried apricots
- Red and green peppers
- Kebab sticks
- 2 x teabags Tea4Kidz Peach & Apricot
- 60 ml Boiling water
- 60 ml Apricot Jam
- 60 ml Chutney
- 45 ml Tomato sauce
- 30 ml Worcester sauce
- Thread chicken strips and apricots and peppers onto skewers, folding the chicken in a zig zag fashion.
- For the Basting: Place the tea bags into the boiling water and allow to steep. Squeeze out teabags and add the strong tea to the Chutney, apricot jam, tomato sauce and Worcester sauce.
- Pour over the chicken kebabs.
- Marinate for 30 minutes
- • Cook chicken over medium coals, basting with remaining marinade, turning regularly until cooked through, browned and slightly charred, about 25 minutes or oven bake at 180 c for 30 -35 minutes.