- 2 packs pitted dates
- 2 tea bags Laager Tea4Kids Peach & Apricot
- 250ml boiling water
- 2 cups roasted nuts
- 1 cup tropical fruit trail mix
- 1 cup toasted coconut
- 1/4 cup of mini dark chocolate chip morsels (optional)
- Steep the Laager Tea4Kids in boiling water and allow to cool and discard the teabags.
- Soak the dates in the peach & apricot tea until soft, strain all liquid
- Place nuts, dates, coconut and fruit in a food processor and process until your desired consistency.
- If you like more crunchy and chunky, stop the food processor when it looks ground but still chunky or continue to process until the nuts are finely ground
- Line a brownie pan with waxed paper. Place fruit and nut mixture in the pan and use a piece of waxed paper or parchment to press the mixture down and spread it out.
- If adding chocolate, sprinkle the chocolate chips evenly over the fruit and nut mixture and press them down into the mixture. Use your hand or and a drinking glass to even out the surface.
- Lift the mixture out of the pan using the waxed paper lining. Use a sharp knife to cut into equal pieces. Wrap pieces in parchment or waxed paper and store in an airtight container.